Architect’20 Expo is confirmed to be postponed to 7-12 July 2020, with enhanced public health measures for exhibitors and visitors.
Following the global COVID-19 pandemic situation, the Association of Siamese Architects Under Royal Patronage (ASA) has decided to postpone the organisation of Architect’20 Expo at IMPACT Challenger Hall, IMPACT Arena, Exhibition & Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani to 7-12 July 2020. The organizers have prepared public health measures to protect exhibitors and visitors against the spreading of the virus.
Ajaphol Dusitnanond, President of ASA, discussed the postponement: “Architect Expo is the largest exposition for architecture, material, and construction technology in the ASEAN. ASA organizes the event annually during the month of April and May. Due to the specific situation of global COVID-19 outbreak, however, we have decided to postpone the event to 7-12 July 2020 in view of the safety of the participants. The decision has been made after several discussions for the most effective scenario. The organizers have prepared extra security and health measures for the safety of all participants.”
Dr. Vasu Poshyanandana, the chairperson of the Architect’20 committee, commented on the situation: “The annual theme of ‘Refocus Heritage’ aimed to raise public awareness on the conservation of heritage and tune the perception of the old and traditional towards a different angle. In the same way, this virus situation is one of the evidence that a shift in perception will always be a relevant part of life. We hope that postponing the event will help reassure both our exhibitors and visitors to participate in the event when the situation will have improved.”
Mr. Sakchai Pattarapreechakul, President of N.C.C. Exhibition Organizer Co., Ltd. (NEO), one of the organizers of Architect’20 Expo, commented on the participation: “Architect Expo is an important platform in the market of architecture and construction. The event is held annually to respond to the business demands of manufacturers to exhibit their latest technology and innovation. This year, we expect up to 700 exhibitors, both domestic and international, to exhibit at the event. We also see an increase in participation from purchasers among top businesses in architecture, building and construction, interior design, as well as property traders from the CLMV countries, who are growing their market in real estate.”
Mr. Sakchai added on the topic: “The trade show and exhibition is an important platform to encourage circulation of resources and services within the industry. The event also drives the economy towards sustainable growth and improves the industrial standards, which were the main agenda of Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB). For the Expo, TCEB is the sponsor of “Exhibiz in Market” and “ASEAN+6 Privilege” campaigns, which are financial aid programs for international exhibitors and visitors.
In view of safety and health of the participants, the organizers have cooperated with IMPACT Arena, Exhibition & Convention Center and issued the following preventive measures, according to TISI Standards #22300:
1. Alcohol sanitizers will be available at the main entrance, meeting rooms and toilets.
2. Participants will be required to go through thermal scanners at the entrance to be screened for abnormal body temperature. Participants who do not meet the criteria will be separated for quarantine.
3. Participants will be screened by thermo guns and given a sticker for entry. Different colors of stickers will be used throughout each day of the event.
4. Medical staff will be stationed at infirmary rooms.
5. Medical staff from Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute will be on site for support.
6. Information on the symptoms of COVID-19 will be advertised throughout the exposition to raise awareness and enhance cooperation from the participants.
7. Cleaning schedules will be increased for the venue, food service areas, toilets, etc. The venue will be disinfected before and after the exposition.
8. Special garbage bins for the disposal of medical masks will be provided. The discarded masks will be disposed of according to guidelines.
Architect’20 Expo “Refocus Heritage” is set to take place between 7-12 July 2020, 10:00 – 20:00, at IMPACT Challenger Hall, IMPACT Arena, Exhibition & Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani. For more information, visit www.architectexpoasia.com
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Panvisut Buranakarn
Project Manager, N.C.C. Exhibition Organizer Co., Ltd. (NEO)
Tel: 02-203-4285 Email: email@example.com
Ms. Wipada Chainontee (Mint)
ASA PR Team
Tel: 087-5664275 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org